Dentists in Methuen Explain how a Sinus Infection Can Lead to a Toothache
If you’re looking for dentists in Methuen, Dr. Sandler can serve all of your dental needs. Many of our patients are surprised to learn that often their toothaches are sometimes caused by a sinus infection. So, if you get a sinus infection and your tooth starts hurting, call your dentists in Methuen!
How do you know if your toothache is caused by a sinus infection?
Often it is hard to tell is the source of your toothache is a sinus infection. The roots of your upper molars are located so close in proximity to your sinus cavity, which is why a sinus infection can cause a toothache.
There are certain signs that may mean your toothache is due to a sinus infection:
- Pain in more than one of your upper teeth. Since a toothache caused by a sinus infection is hard to pinpoint, you may feel pain in multiple teeth as opposed to just one tooth.
- If your toothache begins shortly after you’ve had a cold, the flu, a stuffy or a runny nose.
- You suffer from allergies.
- Headaches or earaches accompany your toothache.
- Tender cheeks or a feeling of heaviness in your sinuses.
- If your sinus pain worsens when you move your head.
How do you cure a toothache that is caused by a sinus infection?
Often a toothache that is caused by a sinus infection will go away on its’ own. You can also visit your dentists in Methuen just to be sure that the pain isn't being caused by something else. If it is being caused by your sinus infection, visit your physician. If the symptoms are severe you may be able to have antibiotics prescribed.
If you have a toothache the first thing you should do is call your dentists in Methuen. The longer you wait, the worse a problem can become. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Sandler, call (978) 683-3343.